MySQL Connection.
  • Hello everyone.

Few day ago, I have my hosting service available, I tested the SFTP connection and is working fine, but when I tried to use MySql database, I can not connect to it. I used the MySQL workbench to connect to data base with the following values:

Hostname: 1.ai
    Username: My ai_ prefix.
    Password: I have choosed during signup.

Can anyone tell me if i used the correct values? There are a specific procedure to connect to data base?

Thanks.
  • you need to connect from the script inside 1.ai you cannot connect remotely to it
  • Hi gurugeek.

Thanks for your comment.

I have created a script with perl to conect to data base, but when I tried to use the MySQl or DBI module, the error log show the following message.

"Can't locate Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1".

My code is:

# PERL MODULE
    use Mysql;

# CONFIG VARIABLES
    $host = "199.102.237.15";
    $database = "ai_prefix";
    $user = "ai_prefix";
    $pw = "my_password";

# PERL MYSQL CONNECT
    $connect = Mysql->connect($host, $database, $user, $pw);

It's okay to use perl to connect to database?, Can you tell me one example code or the steps to connect to database?

I saw in "MySQL database management" discussion that in few days, will add the phpmyadmin, It's a great news.

Thanks.
  • Would be great to allow mysql traffic through ssh, though ;)
    Mysql Workbench do have some great features

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Share Me

• Please share this topic with your friends. Click any of the icons below:
  • stumbleupon
  • Twitter
  • facebook
  • myspace
  • technorati
  • reddit
  • fark
  • email